Compassionate Care Since 1986
By virtue of having Business Associate Agreements with HIPAA covered entities, effective September 23, 2013, the San Antonio AIDS Foundation (SAAF) is a HIPAA covered entity.
The San Antonio AIDS Foundation (SAAF, /sāf/) has had a United Way funded HIV prevention education program since 1992. SAAF’s Education Department provides HIV prevention education and can tailor the presentation content and length for any audience. SAAF regularly provides HIV prevention education in many school districts in Bexar and surrounding counties, in correctional facilities, worksites, youth groups, college campuses, etc. Additionally, SAAF provides a court-mandated HIV prevention education class for persons on probation for sex-related crimes. Call 210-225-4715 for details.
SAAF provides free HIV and syphilis rapid testing at our testing office, located at 333 S. Hackberry Street. Test results for HIV is 60 seconds and syphilis is 10 minutes; instant results for hepatitis-C (hep-C). Please allow for longer test result returns for other tuberculosis (TB).
Testing Services Office: 333 S. Hackberry St. | 78203
located 2 blocks east of the Alamodome
- Counseling and testing available in Spanish and English
- SAAF offers both anonymous and confidential testing
- HIV test results in 60 sec.; syphilis results in 10 min.; Hep-C, instant results; TB results vary
- Walk-in basis
- Free HIV & Syphilis/STD testing and counseling
- Tuesday, August 2: San Antonio College, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, August 4: Lamson Institute Health Fair, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, August 7: Corazon Ministry,7:30-10 a.m.
- Friday, August 12: Pegasus Nightclub, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturday, August 13: Pegasus Nightclub, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Monday, August 15: Walgreens, 2710 Nogalitos, 3-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 24: Walgreens, 121 N Zarzamora, 3-7 p.m.
- Friday, August 26: Pegasus Nightclub, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturday, August 27: Pegasus Nightclub, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Monday, August 29: Walgreens, 1106 Culebra 3-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 31: UTSA, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Thursday, September 1: UTSA, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- HIV Testing
- Special Care Facility & Hospice Care
- Case Management
- Hot Meal Program
- Short-Term Transitional Housing
- Dental Assistance